Recent Commercial Posts
The ERP: One of the Smartest Things a Business Owner Can Do.
Preparing in advance for emergencies is the best way to minimize water damage or fire damage.
Planning can be fun, whether it’s planning a vacation, looking forward to an exciting event or just anticipating an enjoyable part of a routine. However, planning can be less than fun, especially when it involves preparing for possible home or business disasters. At SERVPRO, we are professionals at planning for and tackling disasters head on so property owners never have to. Best of all, with our ERP program, we do the disaster planning for you and free of charge.
The ERP, or Emergency Ready Profile, is a contingency plan focused on incident response, disaster recovery and business continuity. This no cost assessment will take very little time to complete but will go a very long way if the worst happens to a commercial property. Using SERVPRO’s ERP app or a physical ERP booklet, any employee will have access to who to call, where to go and what to do in the case of a fire or water-related crisis or emergency. Also, if a business with an ERP decides to use SERVPRO for professional mitigation and remediation, SERVPRO will have a plan in place, assuring the job will get done quickly and properly. Feel free to contact SERVPRO of Mid-Outer Cape Cod at 508-778-7378 to set up a free Emergency Ready Program!
Give Your Clients the Right First Impression of Your Provincetown Business
First impressions can make or break your business. Maintaining your building and property will make long term upkeep manageable and prevent damage.
With a properly maintained business, you can create lasting impressions that will bring new customers through word of mouth. Always keep your business looking clean, organized, and inviting. Here are some things to consider when maintaining your commercial property:
- The Exterior of your Building: Speaking of first impressions, the maintenance of your building’s exterior will speak volumes to new customers. Consider their first impression when they drive into your parking area: Is the building in need of repair? Is the landscaping neat and appealing or a little neglected?
- The Interior of your Building: Once you’ve attracted the customer to your business, having a clean interior will help keep them in the doors. Look for things that might need repairs or touch ups and fix them. Always keep the interior of your business clean. Regularly dust, vacuum, and maintain any appliances. Keep bathrooms looking spotless and hygienic.
- The Details: Don’t forget about the little things, like making sure the light fixtures are dusted or the bathroom soap is refilled. Customers will notice and appreciate the attention to detail.
- Utilities: Regularly check and maintain your utilities. This includes air conditioning units, water heaters, and other utilities your business depends on. There is nothing worse than having a utility breakdown during business hours. Maintain a comfortable atmosphere for both customers and employees.
Not only does maintaining your property attract customers, but it also preserves its value. If you feel like you may have fallen behind on the maintenance of your business, or you just want a deep cleaning to bring back its appeal, call SERVPRO of Mid-Outer Cape Cod at 508-778-7378.
Don't Ignore Signs of Water Damage in Your Orleans Business
Untreated water damage can cause a number of issues including the need for mold remediation. Watch for the signs and call on our Team for help!
Businesses often ignore that telltale signs of water damage that can lead to disaster. Whether it’s caused by the signs not being recognized, denial, or by just flat-out ignoring the evidence, overlooked water damage can cause thousands of dollars worth of damage to your Orleans property. These signs, more often than not, are easy to detect. If treated quickly and properly, the problem can be mitigated thoroughly and inexpensively. Pay attention to these five water damage indicators to keep your commercial property in Orleans clean and safe from water damage:
- Constant Water Pooling: Have you ever noticed a particular place in your property that constantly has a puddle? A place where no matter how much you dry it up, it always seems to become a watery mess? It turns out this might be an indicator of a possible leak. If you find yourself in this situation, try to find the source of the leak. If the source isn’t easy to locate, you may have to call a professional who specializes in repairing whatever appliance or fixture is leaking.
- Wall and Ceiling Discoloration: Typically, brown or black in appearance, wall and ceiling discolorations can point towards a potential leakage problem. Wet drywall and ceilings are highly prone to mold and mildew growth. Have you seen a spot like this? Don’t ignore it! Call a professional water mitigation company to treat or remove these stains.
- Unusually High Water Bill: If your water usage habits stay the same but your water bill somehow spikes way up, you may have an undiscovered leak in your building. Another typical sign of an undiscovered leak would be an unexplained sound of running water. If any of these signs appear, call a plumber to seek out and stop the leak before substantial damage occurs.
- Musty Odors: If your commercial property is perfectly clean and still emits a musty odor, the culprit is more than likely water damage. If you’re presented with a musty odor, check for unusually wet surfaces or any of the water damage signs previously mentioned.
If your commercial property is suffering from water damage, trust the professionals at SERVPRO of Mid-Outer Cape Cod to get the job done right. We are trained and experienced in all things water, fire, smoke, cleaning and mold restoration. Call us at 508-778-7378 to set up your free estimate. From Mashpee to Provincetown, we’re on alert 24/7 for your restoration emergency.
Emergency Water Restoration Timeline for your Commercial Property
Nothing can halt your business faster than water damage. If you fall victim, rely on the Pros at SERVPRO of Mid-Outer Cape Cod to help.
When it comes to restoration after a water disaster, nothing is more crucial than time. Knowing this, SERVPRO of Mid-Outer Cape Cod has a set timeline for water emergency that ensures the job is done right and you can continue quickly with business as usual.
Within One Hour: You’ll be contacted by our project manager and service will be arranged
Within Four Hours: Our crew will arrive and begin working on your property. We’ll walk you through the situation and the expected outcome of our work. After, we’ll pretest the area to see the best route of restoration, starting from the source of damage outwards.
Within Eight Hours: A detailed briefing of the scope of work will be communicated to the property owner or insurance adjuster. Then, using our state-of-the-art equipment, our crew will work diligently according to the scope until the job is done right. When the work is done, the property owner will have a final walkthrough to make sure everything was done to their satisfaction.
If your commercial property falls victim to water damage, trust SERVPRO of Mid-Outer Cape Cod to get the job done quickly, efficiently and exceptionally. Call us anytime at 508-778-7378 and together, we’ll work to restore your property to its preloss condition.
TRUST SERVPRO With Your Cape Cod Commercial Property
When it comes to water or fire damage, smoke or soot damage, mold remediation, rodent cleaning & disinfecting, TRUST SERVPRO.
SERVPRO of Mid-Outer Cape Cod may seem like just another local restoration company, but our experience, response time, connections and quality of work are world-class. We put property owners back in control of their properties in a fast, effective and efficient manner. Here are a few reasons SERVPRO stands out above the rest:
- We have over 1,700 franchise locations:No job is too big, small or far away for SERVPRO. Need a local restoration job? We’ll be there faster than the competition. Need a large-scale facility serviced? We have the backing of nearly thousands of other franchises that can help us get the job done fast and right.
- We Offer 24/7 Emergency Response: Consider us the restoration company that never closes. Have a flood at 2 am? We’ll be there before 3. Operators, whether they are at our local Dennis branch or elsewhere, are always on the line to ensure a project manager is aware and will respond to your disaster within the hour.
- Over 300 Property Management and Insurance Company Partnerships:Because SERVPRO aims to restore instead of replace, we save insurance agencies and the insured far more than the competition. Because of our track record of great service and savings, your insurance agency likely has us as a preferred vendor, making the restoration process smooth and easy.
If your commercial property is suffering from water, mold, fire or smoke damage, trust the professionals at SERVPRO of Mid-Outer Cape Cod to get the job done right. We are trained and experienced in all things restoration. Call us at 508-778-7378 to set up your free estimate. From Mashpee to Provincetown, we are on alert 24/7 for your restoration emergency.
Keep Your Hyannis Commercial Property Free From Mold
Mold can be a sneaky predator in the summer months on Cape Cod. Keep a look out for dampness & odors and call in the Pros if you suspect mold.
Summer is on its way, and unfortunately, mold comes along with it. The warmth and dampness of Cape Cod makes your business a prime candidate for excessive mold growth. By not being vigilant for the warning signs of mold, you could be putting the structure of your commercial property in major jeopardy. More importantly, mold buildup may put the health of your clients and employees at risk. Our Team at SERVPRO of Mid-Outer Cape Cod see extreme mold growth constantly. Here is a few tips from the mold experts at SERVPRO:
- Keep your environment free of excessive humidity
A dehumidifier is one of the best investments you can make for the health of your commercial building. Mold requires constant moisture to thrive, so snuffing out the air moisture in your building stops mold dead in its tracks. Circulate the air in the building with fans or HVAC units. However, if you find that you have a mold issue, shut off HVAC units immediately and call a mold remediation service.
Dusting off shelves, appliances and other objects in your building not only keeps the place looking clean, it's also an important measure towards preventing mold. Mold feeds off of the organic dust tissues. Less dust means less food for mold spores. We recommend thoroughly dusting most every area in your commercial property on a weekly basis.
Feel pipes around your property for moisture. Also, be on the lookout for telltale signs of a leaking pipe; stained walls, warped walls, buckling floors and peeling wall paint. If you suspect you have a leak, call a plumber as soon as possible.
Though cleaning up an indoor puddle from a spill may be an obvious measure, be on the lookout for high-moisture areas that may be less apparent. Check under appliances, tables or behind any area where a spill may be forgotten. Any unchecked dampness can become a major mold problem, don't wait until it becomes more apparent and turns into a mold infestation.
If you discover your commercial property has a mold problem, call SERVPRO of Mid-Outer Cape Cod for mold remediation services. From Barnstable to Truro, Dennis to Wellfleet, even Mashpee to Provincetown, trust SERVPRO of Mid-Outer Cape Cod for your disaster mitigation needs. Call us at 508-778-7378, we're on alert 24/7 to help.
Get Your Business Ready for Re-Opening with a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaning
With business re-openings on the horizon, many businesses and customers have questions about what the, “new normal” for cleanliness standards will be. The definition of what it means to be a clean, sanitary business has changed forever in the wake of Covid-19. Employees may be hesitant to return to work and customers may not trust the establishments they patronize to be up to the new cleanliness standards. We here at SERVPRO of Mid Outer Cape Cod have a solution, the Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned program.
A Certified: SERVPRO cleaning is specialized disinfection SERVPRO offers to commercial locations tailored to meet the needs of a business during and post Covid-19. Our cleaning goes well beyond the scope of a traditional janitorial cleaning. We target high-touch surfaces with the CDC recommended chemicals and cleaners that stop the spread of pathogens in its tracks. Our program is based on what we call the 3 C’s:
Consult: We’ll send a Cleaning Protocol Consultant to your business to identify your commercial building’s specific and unique disinfecting needs. Your program will be created based on factors including business type, size, amount of high frequency touch points, foot traffic and congestion points. We don’t offer a one-size-fits-all cleaning, we offer a carefully curated plan of attack that’ll get your business ready to serve the general public.
Clean: Based on your business’s specific needs, we’ll get to work disinfecting your home or business while strictly following protocol set forth by the CDC. With over 100 exclusive cleaning products at our disposal, we have the right tools of the trade to disinfect your unique property. If your property has a suspected or confirmed Covid-19 event, we’ll clean it in less than 24 hours to get you safely back in business as soon as possible.
Certify: After your property has been expertly cleaned, you’ll have access to digital and physical signage letting customers know you’ve been professionally disinfected by SERVPRO of Mid-Outer Cape Cod. This will ensure your customers that your place of business is safe and ready for action. We include the date of service on the signage to let customers know you’re up to date and on top of your cleanliness game.
If your home or business could benefit from a proactive or post Covid-19 exposure disinfection, call SERVPRO of Mid-Outer Cape Cod. We’re on alert 24/7 for your emergency disinfection needs. From Mashpee to Provincetown, give us a call at 508-778-7378 to set up your free estimate or request emergency disinfection.
Keep Your Daycare Safe Post Covid-19
Daycare centers will, without a doubt, be one of the most important industries in terms of revitalizing the economy. We at SERVPRO of Mid-Outer Cape Cod appreciate those who care for the children of our nation's workers. Here are some tips for daycare centers still currently open and those who plan on reopening in the near future.
- Safer Drop-off and Pick-up Procedure
At the entrance of your daycare, be sure to have hand cleaning options for children to use before entering the building. A hand washing station with soap and water or sanitizer station will do. Be sure to have disinfectant wipes ready for cleaning door handles, sign-in pens, etc. Also, limit direct contact with parents by having a designated staff member or parent volunteer to escort children to and from their cars and the classroom.
- Classroom Social Distancing
Limit the roster of child care classes to include the same group of kids and same group of staff everyday to prevent new opportunities for harmful pathogens to enter the environment. Also, be sure to time activities so that different groups of children are separated and don't constantly mix. This includes having separate and consistent groups engaging in art programs, recess, and music programs at staggered times.
- Be Sure Your Workers and Children Are Healthy
Make sure all staff and children with Covid-like symptoms and illness stay home without exception. Be constantly on the lookout for children or staff members with a dry cough, sore throat, and cold/flu like symptoms. If anyone appears to be suffering from these symptoms, separate them from the rest of the group until they can be sent home. Be sure to have a backup plan in case a staff member needs to be replaced due to illness and monitor staff absenteeism. If any staff members are at a higher risk of contracting the virus due to age or pre-existing conditions, consult with a medical professional to determine if they should stay home.
These tips and many more can be found on the CDC website (cdc.gov). If your daycare center is in need of a pathogen-targeting disinfection, SERVPRO of Mid-Outer Cape Cod is here 24/7 to help. We also provide fire, smoke, water, storm and mold damage repair services. Call us at 508-778-7378 with any questions or to schedule an appointment.
Get Your Restaurant Ready With SERVPRO
There's never been a stranger time to be a restaurant. From going takeout-only to completely closing, the way food is served and the way we eat has completely changed. Whatever your restaurant's current situation is and whatever the future holds for it, SERVPRO of Mid-Outer Cape Cod is here 24/7 to keep your eatery operating as clean and safely as it can be. SERVPRO knows the extensive health codes and food safety regulations that restaurants need to adhere to, letting us give your restaurant the most thorough and thoughtful disinfection on the market.
However, we offer more than disinfection. If your restaurant is suffering from mold damage, fire damage, smoke damage, water damage or storm damage, SERVPRO of Mid-Outer Cape has the tools and expertise to make it "Like it never even happened." Call us at 508-778-7378 any time of the day, any day of the week and let us know how we can help you.
Preparing Your Commercial Business For Recovery
Whether your business is essential and open or closed by mandate, your business will likely have adequate to booming traffic after Covid-19 is conquered. Before we resume life as usual, be sure your commercial property is ready to serve your valued clients again. SERVPRO of Mid-Outer Cape Cod offers commercial water damage restoration, fire damage restoration, mold remediation, storm damage restoration and professional disinfection services.
SERVPRO of Mid-Outer Cape Cod can do what it takes to prevent the interruption of business in your company. With SERVPRO's long history of dealing with contaminants, we are equipped with hospital grade cleaners to clean your business to CDC recommended standards. We go beyond the scope of what janitorial services can do and target high-touch surfaces, preventing the spread of pathogens.
If any other unexpected disasters strike your commercial property, SERVPRO can also be of great service. Fire, water, storm and mold damage are also in our wheelhouse of mitigation and remediation expertise. If you want your commercial property back in fighting shape, call SERVPRO of Mid-Outer Cape Cod at 508-778-7378.