24/7 Response Across Cape Cod: The SERVPRO Promise
If you come home after a long day of work to find your basement is flooded, the last thing you want to do is wait to get the mitigation process started. Luckily, SERVPRO of Mid-Outer Cape Cod is on alert 24/7 for your emergency restoration needs. We’ll get a crew to your home in less than 24 hours. Why shouldn’t you wait? Here’s a timeline of what water damage does as it sets into your home:
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
For your emergency water restoration needs, call SERVPRO of Mid-Outer Cape Cod at 508-778-7378. From Mashpee to Provincetown, we’re ready for your water, mold, fire, or storm emergency.