Fire Damage in Truro; Don't Do It Alone
A common mindset people have when their home suffers from smoke or fire damage is to immediately and hastily resolve the situation themselves. It’s completely understandable why an affected homeowner would want to do this, but trying to fix the situation without the proper knowledge and expertise could set the damage and make it harder to get rid of. Here are some things to avoid when attempting smoke removal:
- Limit movement within your house to lessen the spread of soot
- Don’t wash any painted surfaces
- Don’t shampoo any carpets or upholstery
- Don’t clean any electronics
- Don’t bring clothing effected by smoke to the dry cleaners: this will likely make your clothes permanently smell like smoke
For any of your smoke removal needs, call a fire restoration expert. More often than not, the scope of damage a fire or puffback incident causes is larger than it is to the untrained eye. If you have any questions about smoke removal or fire restoration, give SERVPRO of Mid-Outer Cape Cod a call at 508-778-7378. From Mashpee to Provincetown, we’re available 24/7 to help with your emergency fire damage cleanup needs. If your Cape Cod home suffers from excessive soot damage, trust SERVPRO to make it "Like it never even happened."